Monday 1 October 2012

Katy Perry: Part of Me


So we need to chat.

I feel like we are far enough in our relationship for me to reveal something to you.

The other night I voluntarily watched Katy Perry the film.

Yes. I know, I know. I’m not proud of it. It just... happened.

The film offers plenty of behind the scenes footage of Katy on her world tour.

I could go ahead and use the excuse that a friend made me watch it, but that’s just not true. It was totally consensual.

Sure it’s not my normal scene and sure I cried, but Russell was breaking her poor little happy heart. He wanted kids and she wasn’t ready. It wasn’t the fairy-tale marriage she thought it would be.


All jokes aside, I do feel like I have to look at this slightly critically. My main problem is the naming of this as a ‘movie’ because it just isn’t. It is a documentary. To be honest this whole MTV culture of calling documentaries ‘movies’ gets under my skin. Aside from this I found the film harmless enough.

Anyway, I feel a lot better after sharing this with you. I think it’s brought us closer.

I’d say watch the film if you like Katy Perry, or just want something to see that’s not going to require too many brain cells.

On another note, watch out for my review of Shame. It’s coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts